ABOUT THE JOB:
RE/MAX equity group is the leading real estate firm in Oregon with offices throughout the Portland Metropolitan Area, Salem, and in Clark County, WA. With more than 700 experienced, professional REALTORS handling more than $2 billion in sales annually, we incorporate principle-centered professionalism, high ethical standards and innovative business practices and systems. Our number one value is honesty, integrity, and fairness in dealing with our clients, customers, and colleagues. We are currently seeking to add to our team a corporate general counsel with extensive experience in and knowledge of real estate and contract law. Benefits include health, dental, short-term disability, life insurance, vacation and sick leave, and 401(k).
Our in-house general counsel provides consultation, review, editing, and drafting services to our agents in person, over the phone, and via email. This position will also represent the company and assist agents in mediation or arbitration. We are committed to enabling our agents to achieve success through quality education. As such, this position will prepare weekly educational emails on trending topics as well as teach various classes including evaluating contract terms, writing contracts, and non-standard contracts and dealing with distressed properties. In addition, this position will research, advise and oversee all other legal issues for the company including various office and employee policies, vendor contracts, leases, E&O insurance, responses to subpoenas, etc.
- Must be able to practice law in the State of Oregon and have or be willing to obtain license in the State of Washington. (Preference given to candidates with licenses in both Oregon and Washington already.)
- Must have experience in real estate law and transactions and dispute resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Strong problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities as part of a team
- Professional behavior, attire, and appearance